UI/UX designer (Android, IoT)
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to help us create the Android application for Hugo.dog.
Hugo is a newly founded R&D startup with backing from the National Center for Research and Development (NCBR).
Hugo exists to make dogs happy. We’re building a state-of-the-art technology which encompasses Internet of Things, Machine Learning and mobile applications to track dog activity, help dog owners learn the habits of their loved ones, and make their life a truly enjoyable experience.
What we’re building
The product you’ll be building combines a hardware IoT activity tracker, machine learning API for behaviour classification and anomaly detection, as well as Android application.
The Android app will help users achieve four things:
- Get insights on dog behaviour and state of being with the aid of real-time activity reports and relevant notifications
- Become a skilled pet owner by following a series of expert courses and challenges
- Measure progress across various aspects of dog’s life using a collar tracker
- See the dog’s location in real-time and be able to set up location notifications and safety zones
What you’ll do
- Plan the user experience architecture of the product (online-to-offline)
- Plan, design and conduct user research sessions using various tools (e.g. usability tests, co-creation)
- Generate insights that motivate ideation
- Map user and business needs and opportunities using various tools (e.g. customer journey maps)
- Assist in UI/UX decisions based on a strong understanding of Android design patterns, usability standards and best practices
- Create, document, and test low-fi and hi-fi product prototypes as well as final designs
- Work with graphic designers to evaluate creative design and development options that best meet the project requirements and communications goals
- 4+ years experience in UI/UX research documented by 4-5 product case studies explaining problems solved (ideally in Android)
- Knowledge of Android design patterns and usability standards
- Knowledge of a qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis concepts
- Communication experience
- Creativity, empathy, and attention to detail
What we offer
- Exciting opportunity to co-create an innovative app from the grounds up
- Work together with domain experts from the areas of product development, machine learning, electronics and business development
- Competitive salary with an hourly rate of 90-130 pln net (contract rate based on experience)
This is a remote position with occasional f2f meetings, but if you’re based in Warsaw we encourage you to work with us in the office (WeWork, Krucza 50).